Every Friday I’ll indulge my order-crazed brain in a list of randomness. Welcome to my Friday Fives.
Like the holidays before it, Joe and I will be ushering in the new year in the most low-key way possible: a little football, some special food, some homemade cassis from Chris and Chilali…and, if all goes well, peanut butter brown butter rice krispie treats. And, of course, lots of time with this little one who is the most precious of snow bunnies.
Her wish for the new year? Snow. Carrots. Apples. Snow. Sleep.
My wish for the new year? Health. Happiness. Adventure. Health. Sleep.
We’re not too far off from each other.
I’d be lying if I said I wasn’t ready for this year to end. In life’s land of peaks and pits it feels like there were way more pits to navigate, but it doesn’t mean we were without some really spectacular moments. Here are some of my top-five favorites of the year:
5. Modern Family
4. The Man in the High Castle
3. Game of Thrones
2. Downton Abbey
5. Inside Out
4. Pitch Perfect 2
3. Jurassic World
2. Star Wars: The Force Awakens
1. Woman in Gold
5. The Lone Bellow
4. Tony Bennett and Lady GaGa
3. Leon Bridges
1. Brandi Carlile
5. The Girl in the Spider’s Web
4. The Nightingale
3. Go Set a Watchman
2. Station Eleven
1. All the Light We Cannot See
7. Biggio HOF (part 1, part 2)
6. Reuniting with Miami (part 1, part 2, part 3, part 4)
5. Summer with the Vores
4. Utah Littles (part 1, part 2, part 3)
3. Bella Feeling Better
2. Trip to Texas (part 1, part 2)
1. Hawaii (part 1, part 2, part 3, part 4, part 5)